Check-in Time: after 4 PM ------- Check-out Time: 12 Noon
1. RESERVATION PAYMENTS & ADVANCED RENT: A minimum of 50% advance payment required within 10 days of initial reservation. If the advance payment is not received within 10 days of initial reservation, your reservation will be cancelled. Final payment is due in full 2 weeks prior to arrival. You may pay with cash, personal check, traveler’s check, money order, Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. Should your personal check be returned for any reason, there will be a $35.00 returned check fee added to your balance. You will be charged for the entire length of stay reserved and will not be refunded for checking in late and/or checking out early.
2. CONFIRMATIONS: You will receive a confirmation letter after we receive your advance payment. Please verify your arrival and departure dates, reserved accommodations, and rental amount due. Please contact us immediately if you find a discrepancy, otherwise it will be assumed correct.
3. CHECK-IN PROCEDURES: Check-in time is after 4 pm on date of arrival at the HDOR. If you are arriving after hours, please call the Island Retreat office for instructions. The Island Retreat office hours are 8 am to 12 am during the summer season (Memorial Day to Labor Day) and 8 am to 10pm the remainder of the year. The office number to Island Retreat is 361-749-6222.
4. CHECK-OUT PROCEDURES: Check-out time is at noon on the day of departure. Please return all keys by noon. DO NOT LEAVE KEYS IN THE PROPERTY. There is a minimum $50 charge for each and any items(s) not returned to our office by check-out time. All guests and belongings must be out of the property when the keys are returned to the office. If the office is closed when you checkout, simply drop your items in the “key drop” next to the office front door. To avoid additional cleaning charges, please do the following before departure: Remove all food from refrigerator. Wash and put away all dishes. Remove all of the bed linens (only linens, not pads, pillows or comforters) and place in one general location along with bath towels. Leave furniture arranged as you found it. Put garbage in sturdy plastic garbage bags and put it in the outside receptacle provided. Close and lock all windows and doors. Turn off all lights. Please leave the property neat and orderly.
5. PRIVATELY OWNED: HDOR is a privately owned condo; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting a reservation with HDOR, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
6. CANCELLATION POLICY: All cancellations are subject to a cancellation fee of $50.00. Your prepayment, less the cancellation fee, will be returned if the reservation is cancelled 45 days prior to arrival. All reservations cancelled within 45 days of your arrival date will forfeit the entire advance payment. Renters are encouraged to purchase travel insurance.
7. DAMAGE : The cost of repair or replacement for any damages, excessive cleaning, and items missing from the property will be collected from the tenant.
8. OCCUPANCY: The total number of persons allowed in the property at any time is restricted to the stated limit reserved at booking and approved by the HDOR owner. Eviction without refund is the penalty. We are very serious about maintaining a family atmosphere for the quiet enjoyment of all guests. We will rent to families and responsible adults only. HDOR will not be rented to anyone under 25 years of age. No children will be allowed to check-in without their parents. Reservations made under false pretenses will result in eviction, forfeiture of the total amount of the rent, and any extra charges incurred by HDOR. Absolutely no house parties will be tolerated.
9. PARKING: Parking passes are given when you check in at the Island Retreat office. Renters mus display a parking pass at all times. Failure to display the permit may result in towing of a vehicle at the renter's expense.
10. MONTHLY RENTALS: Monthly rentals that begin the first day of the month must depart the last day of that month. Minor maintenance items or requests that are usually $5.00 or less (i.e. light bulbs, a/c filters, etc.) are the responsibilities of the tenant.
11. PETS: Sorry, but pets are not allowed at HDOR.
12. SMOKING: NO Smoking is allowed in the condo or on the balcony.
13. HOUSEKEEPING and PAPER GOODS: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units. It is also recommended to bring extra paper goods such as toilet paper, paper towels, etc..
14. FURNISHINGS & EQUIPMENT: You are renting a privately owned home or condo. It has been decorated and equipped to satisfy the particular tastes and desires of the owner. Please be considerate of the belongings of the owner and to the people who will be renting the property after you. Please do not rearrange the furniture, take any items outside that are part of the interior décor, or move any furnishings or kitchen items to another property. You will be charged if the housekeepers have to rearrange the furniture after your stay. Locked closets are maintained by homeowners for personal use. Please respect these areas.
15. REPAIRS & REFUNDS: Our maintenance / housekeeping staff is here to make sure your vacation home is in the best condition that it can be. If you should discover otherwise, please report it to us immediately and we will correct it as quickly as possible. However, no refunds will be given for appliance failure, outages of electricity, gas, water, cable, or telephone service. The air conditioner is not guaranteed and refunds cannot be given for failure or breakdown. HDOR will make every effort to have it repaired as soon as possible. HDOR owners and/or an authorized Island Retreat employee or repairman may enter the premises during normal business hours for any purpose pertaining to repair, improvement, care, and management of the premises. HDOR will make every effort to notify you ahead of time.
16. AFTER HOURS EMERGENCIES: Non-emergencies will be noted and handled the following day during office hours. If your situation is after hours, please contact the owners at 785-236-1066 or 785-236-1068.
17. LOCK-OUTS: Lockout charge of $50 unless during office hours.
18. HDOR Cancellation: We reserve the right to cancel your reservation in the event the property is unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control such as maintenance issues. HDOR will make every effort to reschedule your reservation if possible. In the event that you are unable to reschedule, your advance rent will be fully refunded without penalty.
19. STORMS: If there is a storm or hurricane, no refunds will be given unless: *The state or local Port Aransas authorities order mandatory evacuations in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning" *The day that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation order in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning" area, we will refund the following: - Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered -Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten the stay to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted - Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the "Hurricane Warning" period
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.